Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Waldorf Inspiration

I've been sewing for quite a few years now and I've always enjoyed making quick things. Who doesn't right. Well a few years ago I started making dolls. The first doll I ever made was for my niece. She loved the cartoon character called "Boo" so I decided to try my hand at it. Unfortunately I have no picture of him but he turned out quite cute.
Ever since making that first doll I've been fascinated by the world of soft sculpture. It truly is diverse. Some artists are so detailed that their creations look almost life like. Being the creative person that I am I've always wanted to make a doll for myself. Not just buy a patten and make it over and over. So yesterday, finally, I tried my hand at it after reading "Waldorf Dolls" by Lapappadolce, a free ebook about making dolls. It turned out that I had a strong grasp of what to do. And here is the final result.



My sweet Macie. Isn't she beautiful. Man, I feel like a proud mama. Haha. So I've decided to make a number of my new dolls which I call "Tumbly Tots" by the way. You can keep up with us on Facebook and here at this blog. Be sure to leave a comment if you like what you see and share it with your friends and family.

And you know she had to get some cute crochet shoes. 😄



So here's to my new babies!

Oh I almost forgot. I also started making doll clothes and shoes from Liberty Jane Patterns. Here is a picture of the first shoe I made. More to come real soon.


This was from the Fur Trim Boot pattern by Miche Designs.



Harper, a doll I made from a Dinky Baby pattern, in her new boots.


Here are two more pictures of my first two inspiration dolls. They are Sundae and Cinnamon.






And this is my first rebranded baby boy Chase, for Tumbly Tots.


Yes I have been up to quite a bit. So back to the sewing room I go to deliver more babies. Hehe. I will soon have lots on sale in my etsy store. Till then, God Bless and keep creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment